Moissanite has features that are the same as Diamond. They are both sparkly and bright. That does not mean all their characteristics are the same. Moissanite is the other alternative to Diamond and whatever jewel you want to purchase; you first need to know its differences.
To know which of the two to purchase, you need to research thoroughly and understand their similarities and differences. These two are an excellent choice for engagement rings; it is all upon you to know what you what qualities you are looking for in the two.
In this article, we try to analyze the two jewels with their similarities and differences to help you know which one to buy. They have the following advantages.
The two are the hardest gemstones, diamond having a rating of 10, and Moissanite coming second with a score of 9.25 in the Mohs scale of hardness. With this property, it makes both worth a purchase as it is not easy to break or scratch. Thus hard enough for daily wear.
Both diamond and Moissanite are available in different shapes. The round shape is the most common of all choices. The round cut appears more white and sparkly.
The two jewels are loved for their shiny sparkles. Although they both sparkle, Moissanite is more shinny with rainbow-like sparkles. Diamond, on the other hand, has a colorless combination of sparkles. They are both fantastic. Your choice is all that matters.
The contrary can be difficult to spot their differences unless you are an incisive observer. Moissanite has a high brilliance making it more sparkly than diamond. Here are other differences between the two.
4. Why Moissanite?
- Less costly than diamond: The price in which to buy Moissanite depends on its size and design. With enhanced Moissanite, you will need to dig deeper into your pocket.
- High Brilliance: their high refractive index makes them more sparkly than diamonds. With a rainbow-color palette, you get a showy ring.
- Excellent clarity: you are not going to enter a jewelry shop and purchase Moissanite without a clarity grade. This means they need to be visibly flawless. Compared to diamond whose flaws can be seen with your naked eyes. Find more about it here.
5. Why Diamond?
Diamond takes years to form as they are pure crystals. Thus, being the most natural and durable mineral in existence. Here are some of the reasons you may prefer diamond to Moissanite:
- White sparkles: they have amazing white sparkles. As compared to Moissanite with rainbow sparkle that makes it look fake to many.
- Girl’s best friend: you didn’t read that wrong, we all learned that Diamond is a sign of love. Girls take no other jewel as a substitute for that.
- Valuable: diamonds are more expensive than Moissanite. A diamond ring can live for a lifetime from one generation to another compared to Moissanite, whose value is gushy.
Whether to purchase a diamond or Moissanite, understand the good and the wrong side of the two. This will help you make the right decision. This will help you know what to buy and not end up with diamonds instead of Moissanite or vice versa.