The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about a massive shift from traditional trading to trading online. Online shopping has indeed been immensely popular for a long time now; however, up until 2020, creating a digital shopfront was more of a luxury for larger brands and businesses. Today, having an e-commerce website working in your favor could actually mean the difference between keeping your business afloat and shutting your doors for good.
One of the most vital aspects to consider when it comes to securing success for an e-commerce store is SEO. SEO, or search engine optimization, makes it possible for individuals who might be interested in your offering to find your website before they find your competitors’. It is an absolute must regardless of the type of e-commerce store that you are running, whether it is an online casino or an online grocery store.
So, where and how do you start? Here is a quick and painless guide to SEO for e-commerce websites.
- Make sure your website is an HTTPS site and not just an HTTP site. HTTPS gives potential customers a confidence boost that their security is adequately protected. Plus, Google has stated outright that HTTPS sites get a small boost in rankings, too (for obvious reasons).
- Ensure that no web page on your site takes longer than 3 to 5 seconds to load. Faster loading times reduce bounce rate by improving UX (user experience).
- Conduct keyword research and steer clear of selecting the keywords with the highest competition. They might be the keywords that are typed in the most frequently, but they will often be impossible to rank for. Your time is going to be much better spent if you choose long tail keywords with minimal competition. People who type in long tail keywords generally have a pretty solid idea of what they are looking for. Therefore, if you attract their attention, there is a good chance that you will reap the benefits of a higher conversion rate as a result.
- Consider partnering with a specialist SEO company, such as clickintelligence.co.uk. Keep an eye out for SEO companies operating within your niche.
- Create quality content, consistently. Content marketing is still huge within the world of SEO and can help you to get into both your target market’s and Google’s good books! Focus on crafting educational, inspirational, and humorous content in various forms, such as videos, blogs, podcasts, infographics, etc.
- Optimize your products’ images and descriptions. It is always a good idea to hire a professional photographer to capture your products in an appealing and uniform manner. Also, try not to use stock imagery anywhere on your website. Authentic, relatable, and original images can have a positive impact on your conversion rate. From a product description point of view, do not hesitate to get creative. Find that balance between including convincing copy, providing potential customers with the specific information that they are looking for, and including relevant keywords.
Mastering the art of SEO for your e-commerce store does not have to be difficult. Follow these tips and you will be one step closer to achieving the rankings for which you originally set out.